Magento 2.4.3 – What we Think and What you Should Do
Magento 2.0 was released in November 2015. In case you can’t remember that far back, Adele’s “25 album” shattered all sales records by selling 3.38 million copies during the first week of its release in the United States. World leaders gathered for the United Nations Climate Change talks at a convention center just north of Paris, France, and a Russian warplane was shot down over Turkey. Well, Magento has not been idle in the intervening years, but in August, the company has made the BIG STEP to launch Magento 2.4.3. Below we have outlined why they have made the changes and why they are important for you.
- Core composer dependencies and third-party libraries have been upgraded to the latest versions that are compatible with PHP 8.x.
- Hundreds of issues have been fixed in the Magento 2.4.3 core code
- 98 new features
- 33 security changes and platform security improvements
- 7 test cycles
- 12 packages & extensions
Large corporations and government agencies are not the only ones being targeted by cybercriminals. Smaller business with an online presence has also come into the crosshairs of these blackmailers. Cybercrime causes clients’ dissatisfaction, decreases incomes, and creates other serious problems. To prevent all your company data information from being stolen, it is essential to protect your site, and security is a major consideration. Magento 2.4.3 now includes a higher level of protection that will drastically reduce the threat from hackers, malicious-logic software, or a solely unsteady online store as much as possible.
- Rate Limiting is now built into APIs to prevent denial of service (Dos) attacks)
- 30+ security fixes to close remote code execution (RCE) and cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities
- Restricts harmful uploads since the file/ folder structure operations across Magento modules have been standardized and strengthened
- Repairs the core security content policy
- ReCAPTCHA coverage has been extended
- Improved Content Security Policy
By improving the platform code, the 2.4.3 updated version comes with a variety of performance advances. It also brings significant benefits to users: high-speed load site time, page format modification, etc., which enhances your website performance and ultimately improves your conversion rate. By installing your Magento 2.4.3 version upgrades, you are ensuring that your site is at the peak of its conversion capabilities and optimized to boost revenue.
- Support for PHP 8.0, PHPUnit 9.x
- Decreased indexation time for Product Price and Catalog Rule Indexers
- Support for Elasticsearch 7.x and MySQL 8.0
- Removed MySQL search engine
- Support for MariaDB 10.4
- Removed the support for Signifyd fraud protection code
- Core Braintree module has been removed
Magento’s latest version is faster all around: on the items, category, and domestic pages, it optimizes more quickly for expedited conveyance, and reduces the server load time for website activities, and makes sub-activities operations more efficient. The response time for the homepage, category pages, and item pages stack is less than 1.5 seconds without front-end caching.
Improved Performance Highlights
- The performance of Admin SKU search on large catalogs has improved
- CMS pages now load faster
- Improved customer data section invalidation logic.
- Improved Redis performance
The Magento 2.4.3 version offers a range of new options, all aimed at improving your eCommerce capabilities. Specifically, the 2.4.3 version provides merchants with a wide range of attractive discount vouchers and numerous manufactured and accessible data conversion revisions. The multiple upgrades are designed to effectively market your store as it expands and allow the eCommerce team to quickly promote new product announcements and offers.
- Improvements in Vendor Developed Extensions such as dotdigital, Klarna, Amazon Pay, Braintree Payments, Vertex, and Yotpo
- Enhanced Adobe Stock Integration
- Improved Magento Media Gallery with a searchable interface
- Improved Inventory Management
- Page Builder now supports PHP 8.0 for Magento Commerce 2.4.3
- Support for PWA Studio 6.0.0 and 6.0.1
- Enhancements in cart and checkout, cart price rule, catalog, orders, shipping, and sales
Magento 2.4.3 doubles down on providing merchants with the ability to serve their customers with an improved shopping experience and improve their satisfaction levels. According to the official Magento 2.4.3’s release on August 10, 2021, this includes over 280 fixes to the core code, nearly 300 Github issue resolutions, more than 30 security improvements, and an improved GraphQL.
- Magento 2.4.3 GraphQL provides support for all product types, payment methods, and shipping methods
- Magento 2.4.3 GraphQL has achieved an under 5 second response time with 500 concurrent requests
- Magento 2.4.3 GraphQL has been re-designed with a feature rick layered navigation
- Shoppers receive support for the Inventory In-store pickup using Pick-up Locations query
- Shoppers get the list of categories that match a specified filter using the categories query
- A logged-in user can add all the items to the cart from the previous order with Reorder Items mutation
Infrastructure updates are a critical factor when developers build a new site with the latest version. Included with Magento 2.4.3 are 130 innovations that improve core quality and strengthen the quality of the framework. Indeed, to the untrained eye, some advantages of the Magento 2.4.3 upgrade may be invisible. Still, they keep promoting your eCommerce sites’ health and the productivity of any enhancement work required on websites. The singular focus is to boost your e-commerce sales and revenue.
- The scope of the Upgrade Compatibility Tool has been expanded based on the feedback from the community
- Magento deployments running on Galera Cluster now support more customers
- Enhancements of framework’s include features such as Customer Account, Catalog, CMS, OMS, Target, Import/Export
- Promotions, and Targeting, Cart and Checkout, and Staging and Preview
- Test environments have been upgraded to Redis 6.0.12 Magento 2.43 GraphQL
- Integration of Authorize.Net, eWay, CyberSource, and Worldpay payment methods has been removed
- You can install the Magento 2.4.3 Worldpay Payment extension to integrate the Worldpay payment method with Magento 2.4.3 store
- Magento 2.4.3 eWay Payments for integrating eWay payment method with Magento 2.4.3
- Composer update plugin added
Overall, Magento has improved site performance by offering customary code optimizations that come with updates that positively impact the website’s execution and ease-of-use. Regular release updates by Magento mean that the merchant is always up to date with the latest improvements.